Friday, December 27, 2013

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

3.5 Stars

While I did enjoy the film, I am not completely sold on its ticket price. The visuals were great, and the story was certainly inspiring. But I felt that this movie was barely worth it. I had been dying to see this film for months. The preview looked amazing and captivated me. As I mentioned earlier, it was inspiring. However, Kristen Wiig's performance is too awkward. While Stiller did a good job of showing a dynamic Walter Mitty, his character is too dependent on fantastic circumstances.

Another nitpick is that it was quite predictable. Both my girlfriend and I called out numerous sequences well before they happened. The one redeeming quality I found though was the amazing use of words throughout the film. I love little touches like that: it makes you view the whole movie and not scenes, I believe. Sean Penn and Adam Scott (Derek from Step Brothers) are nice supporting characters and would have loved to see more of them. Pay attention to the quips, some are quite humorous!

Final ruling: if someone is begging you to see it, I guess it's okay. Otherwise, wait for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment